Sunday 16 March 2014

Hooky in the sun

I found myself with a rare bit of 'me time' this weekend, as the girlies have been at their grandparents whilst hubby and I went out to the theatre on Friday night, and dinner at friends' last night.


The problem was, once hubby had vanished off to hockey on Saturday afternoon, I couldn't decide what to actually do.  There were so many things whispering in my head for me to make that it took me nearly an hour to reach a decision!


 
 
 
In the end, I opted for the granny square cowl that is in this month's Simply Crochet magazine.  It's by Jacquie over at bunny mummy.  I decided that this would be a good project as I've still got wool left over from my Cath Kidston scarf making at Christmas.





It started off fine, then came the joining-them-together bit.  Man was I foxed.  I can't begin to say how long it took me to fathom it all out, but I got there, in the end!  I managed 7 squares yesterday, catching up with Revenge on the tv.





After cleaning the house today, it was time for a little bit more, so I took the kindle fire plus my wool into the garden and played hooky whilst watching, or rather listening, to Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window.  I've now completed two of the sixteen rows.






It does seem strange to be crocheting a cowl when the weather is so glorious though!


Oh, and while I remember, I did cancel my Mollie Makes subscription in the end.  I've got one more issue to come so number 39 will be my last - unless I'm tempted by it in the shops!


Did you hook anything this weekend?


G x

2 comments :

  1. That's going to be such a lovely bright and cosy cowl. Do you know I just didn't really get into Mollie Makes and have only ever bought two issues...I think it is too trendy for me!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colour combo!
    You are very clever indeed x

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x