Monday 7 October 2013

All ponchoed out!

At last, it is complete!  I have a bruised little finger as a result of the extra hours put into this project due to the pattern errors, and partially due to my own incompetence in not measurring said garment and realising the pattern was wrong!  Then as I got to the end, and fixed on the buttons, I discovered, upon trying it on, that they weren't large enough so had to take a trip to my local habadashery store to find something else - £6 later I returned with some toggles - thankfully these work and my poncho is complete!










But still, it is done and I'm pleased with the result.  Hopefully I will get lots of wear out of it when the weather turns from this lovely mild temperate to something more fitting of the season.





Trying to take a self-portrait in the bathroom mirror whilst standing on a chair bench-Monday style!

Today I plan on making a Hallowe'en mobile based on the pattern in this month's Mollie Makes magazine.   I've also re-requested the Cherry Menlove book from the library again as I wanted to make the fabric pumpkins from there, but the pattern etc isn't online!  Still, for 35p I musn't grumble!

I've been thinking of Christmas projects and might just tackle something from in here for the girlies.  Problem now is choosing an alternative wool as the suggested brand just happens to be Rowan and at £8-£11 a ball isn't quite what my budget had in mind.  I can see another purchase from Wool4less coming up!




This rabbit hat is the one I'm thinking of!

My Works order finally arrived so I've been avidly flicking through the pages of these books.  So much to do, so little time to do it. 








I've also what seems like a million books to read for the publishing companies that have very kindly sent me out their books.  I need more than 24 hours in a day!  Do you feel like that too?!



G x

5 comments :

  1. Poncho looks great. Hope that you have a good time catching up on all of your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cool Poncho...you really can Knit!!...Its divine darling....mwah mwah D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poncho, and envy your pile of books to review! ;-) Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poncho is gorgeous! It looks great on you. I really like the look of all of those books. Must pop into The Works...
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it ... you must be delighted to be finished ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x