Friday 2 August 2013

The Great British Bake Off

Well not quite, it was a few scones a la Mary Berry, but a girl can dream can't she!!!  On what was meant to be the hottest day of the year, I decided to bake, but I think it was really just an excuse to use my new bowls - snapped up for £3!





I made the scones from Mary Berry's Cookery Course which was supplemented in the newspaper a few weeks ago.  I think they came out quite well!





I then decided to use my latest cookery purchase - Lavender and Nutmeg sugar that I found in The Deli when we went over to Bishops Castle last week.





I decided to make some lavender shortbread after adapting a recipe I found online.

 Ingredients

4 sprigs of lavender
25g granulated sugar
150g butter
75g caster sugar (plus extra for sprinking)
200g plain flour

Method

Heat oven to 190 degrees.

Strip the lavender from the leaves, add to the granulated sugar and whizz together in a mixer.  Here I substituted this for my lavender sugar.

Mix the butter and caster sugar together until soft and creamy, then add the flour and the lavender/sugar mix.

Turn out onto a floured board and roll flat.

Cut shapes and place on a greased baking tray.  Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.

Once cool, sprinkle with the remaining caster sugar.





Even the very fussy 4 year old ate one and said it was delicious!

I'm now in the process of altering a dress I bought this week that is oceans too long for me - oh the joys of being 5'3"!  Problem is, I can't quite finish it off as my iron has decided to stop working.  Am nagging poor hubby to take it back for me (I hate returning things).

Until the next time!

G x

By the way, apologies if there are any formatting errors in today's blog.  I've been struggling with Blogger on my pc for a few posts now - it won't let me compose them, etc so it's all getting a little stressful!

3 comments :

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x