Saturday 20 April 2013

Sharing the love

I'm getting a little excited now in preparation for Tuesday 23rd April.

For those of you not in the know, it's the third annual World Book Night and I'm a giver again.



Let me explain if you haven't a scooby doo what I'm on about.

World Book Night began in 2011 and the basis behind this is to spread the love of reading a good book.  I didn't take part that year (not brave enough) but I participated last year.  I was one of 20,000 people chosen to distribute copies of I Capture The Castle by Dodi Smith and I went up and down the local town, into shops and the hospital, as well as door knocking and approaching strangers on the street to see if they wanted to read a copy.



This was the reworked cover I gave out - love that dress!

I loved it, so I applied again for this year, and got chosen!!!  This year I am giving out copies of The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde which is a quirky tale sent in 1985 but not the 1985 we remember.  Literary detective Thursday Next needs to help rescue Jane Eyre who has been kidnapped, or the fate of the novel, and many others will be changed before her very eyes!



Original cover



Reworked cover
 Again, me and my trusty 4 year old sidekick will be trawling the streets near us giving out copies of this wonderful book to anyone who looks like they might enjoy it.  Only light-readers or non-readers need apply! 

See you Tuesday

G x

5 comments :

  1. Oh what fun, I'd never heard of World Book Night, am off to check it out. I'd love to hand strangers a book and see their reaction. Enjoy ... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, it's both scary and fun at the same time. Most people run away as they think you're selling something so that's now my opening line! Keep up-to-date with it and apply as a giver next year. X

      Delete
  2. Thats so so sew(?) exciting wish I lived nearer I'd come too? Hasten to add I have read neither!!
    D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great initiative, I'm always looking for the next good book! Infact you've reminded me I need to nip to the book shop on my way home. But I'm defnitely going to investigate more into this, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of World Book Night and it sounds like one of those magical and creative ideas - I will put my name down for next year I think
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x