Thursday 11 April 2013

My! What big eyes you have!

All the better to see you with!  And my eye spied this yesterday whilst visiting the Most Marvellous shop (again) when on a visit to my parents house!  It's becoming a bit of a ritual now, even the girls asked when we were going in!  I love it in there, there is always something to buy!


Red Riding Hood Basket

What do you think?

I've been looking for a whicker basket for ages but not found a substantial one.  This one is really heavy and I love that it has a lid.

Do you think it needs lining?  Do say.

We haven't seen much of hubby of late as he has been busy squirreling away building a gazebo for friends, so on Sunday we took a much-needed family trip out.  We decided to go across the border in Wales as we never go there, and do some exploring, dog included.






We went across an aquaduct built by Thomas Telford, with a canal running on the top of it.  I'm not great with heights and I must admit, walking across made me feel a wee bit dizzy.  The worst bit was having to pass people!  We then found a lovely cafe run by volunteers grannies in the community centre.  Hubby was a bit unsure to start with, he had spied a posh coffee shop earlier along the way, but my heart knew this was 'the one'.  For a mere £4 we had a pot of tea, juice for the girls and four, yes four, cakes!  All on mis-matched china too.  Hubby was actually very impressed.  Girls got to spin around in the play area too which they loved before we all headed back along that narrow bridge!

We then drove around the Horseshoe Pass, there was still loads of snow, as the hubby was keen to demonstrate!






It was nice to have some family time.

Talking of nice things, I also won a copy of Polly Williams' new book by just doing a re-tweet (or RT for those in the know) on Twitter!  How nice is that?






Hope you are all enjoying the last week of the hols.  Hubby is taking the girls away on Sunday for the night so I'm hoping to get a little crafting done and for inspiration I'm off to the Vintage Village fair at Stockport on Sunday.  I'm hoping to meet Emma from Oooh Betty as she will be there.  I am a little nervous if truth be told, what if she doesn't like me?

Hopefully I'll have treasures to show from there!

G x

3 comments :

  1. Winning books and granny cafes... as for that basket...gorgeous (yes Line it) you have been living the high life again?...what fun!...of course Emma will love you....D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right to line it is then - now how am I going to attempt that? And what fabric to choose?! x

      Delete
  2. oh wow - I am in serious basket-envy. And definitely to the lining - pimp your basket I say!

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x